There’s been a lot of hype – and, let’s be real, a lot of controversy – surrounding Disney’s new “Beauty and the Beast” movie. The headlines are proclaiming that this could be the company’s first $1b movie of 2017, and I could totally see that happening. I wanted to share my review of what I thought of the movie, so this is my opinion! I went with my husband, and we paid for our ticket, so this is not a sponsored review or anything.
My quick review is simply this: IT’S AMAZING, GO WATCH IT! 🙂
- This needs to be said, but I won’t go too deep since this is a review blog post: I am a Christian (saved by the grace of God, y’all), and I had no problem whatsoever with any part of the movie. Just had to put this disclaimer here. For any parent who had concerns, all I can say is that you make your own decision, but for me, I have no problem recommending this film at all.
- I highly recommend that you watch this movie in 3D, if you can. So many times, it feels like a throwaway to watch something in 3D. But for this particular movie, I believe it justifies the higher cost – there are scenes that just pop out at you.
- When Emma Watson first came on screen, I’m like, “Hermione!” But she built a new character of Belle that was totally believable. Not a spoiler – however, I will let you know there is one scene when a white owl is on screen, and my husband turned to me and whispered, “Harry Potter!”
- As a bi-racial individual whose mother is Filipina and father is Caucasian, it really made me happy to FINALLY see representation of interracial relationships on screen. Thank you, Disney!
- Last, but not least, I had high expectations of the movie, and it 100% lived up to the hype! I was overwhelmed by positive feelings and memories as I watched it. The songs are still nostalgic enough to where you feel like you are watching something familiar – yet fresh. The actors are PHENOMENAL in their roles.
From Disney: “The story and characters audiences know and love come to spectacular life in the live-action adaptation of Disney’s animated classic “Beauty and the Beast,” a stunning, cinematic event celebrating one of the most beloved tales ever told. “Beauty and the Beast” is the fantastic journey of Belle, a bright, beautiful and independent young woman who is taken prisoner by a Beast in his castle. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle’s enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast’s hideous exterior and realize the kind heart of the true Prince within.”
Are you planning to watch the movie? Comment below with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to read my review!