I’m pretty religious about applying some form of SPF to my face on a daily basis. I believe that’s why I don’t have very many wrinkles – despite the fact that I’m in my 30’s (bonus points for you if you thought I was younger). It always troubles me when people I know and love don’t protect their skin, because it’s more than just for cosmetic reasons: you want to avoid cancer!
According to Dr. Wendy Roberts, here are the top 5 reasons why everyone should wear sunscreen:
1. The ozone layer is depleting and your body needs shielding from harmful rays.
2. Skin cancer rates are on the rise, and sunscreen has been proven to decrease the development of skin cancer.
3. It helps to prevent facial brown spots and skin discolorations.
4. It also helps to reduce the appearance of facial red veins and blotchiness.
5. It slows down the development of wrinkled, premature aging skin.
I was excited to attend the Simply Stylist x Coppertone pop-up event in Miami, because the theme was all about protecting your skin. South Florida is the perfect place to promote the new Coppertone products, as we see sunshine ALL YEAR! I loved seeing all the beautiful bloggers/vloggers milling around, enjoying the sunshine — and highlighting sun protection.
Best of all, two lovely bloggers that I adore, Becky Boricua and Annie A to Z, unexpectedly popped up in the pop-up event! Stay tuned to my YouTube channel, because I plan to do a vlog of the good times.
I’m really passionate about convincing you to take protecting your skin seriously! I enjoyed trying on the new Coppertone CLEARLY Sheer Whipped Sunscreen (SPF 30) because it wasn’t greasy, and it absorbed immediately into my skin. My favorite thing about it was that it has a citrus scent.
Let me know your thoughts about the importance of sun protection by commenting below!
Many thanks to Coppertone for the complimentary samples of these products. All opinions are my own.